Last 6 months I have been working on new app. MapIt is now officially out, and available on Google Play, check it out. I am looking for feedback.
MapIt is a survey application. It’s excellent survey tool for any kind of GPS surveys and map based surveys. Spatial data collection (supported points, lines and polygons), asset management and asset surveys can be done faster and in more efficient way.
MapIt can be also used as a quick measurement tool to calculate area or distance.
When registering location simply choose required attributes from defined earlier drop-down list, no need to type the same information over and over again. Import long attributes list from text files if necessary and use them in number of projects. If necessary you can add one or more pictures to each location as well.
If you are you working in the field, gathering large amount of spatial/location based data this app is for you.
Map It is a very useful tool for anyone involved in forestry, agriculture, environmental or farming business and allows quick collection of spatial data without the need of typing similar information number of times.
Speed up your workflow and make the data collection more efficient. Take advantage of survey layers and possibility to reuse same set of attributes for multiple surveys. Export your data to common files like CSV, KML, GeoJSON, ArcGIS JSON and process them further using Desktop GIS software like ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online or open source QGIS and other professional tools like MS Office.
Please visit our website and follow a Walk-Through (sample tree’s survey) to understand better the application workflow.
Support for several global and local coordinate systems: WGS84 (decimal or degrees), Web Mercator, British National Grid, UTM SAD69 (Brazil), UTM NAD83, NATO, Stereo 70 (Romania), System 1992 (Poland), UTM Indian 1975 (Thailand), SIRGAS 2000 UTM coordinate system for South & Latin America, ETRS89 TM06 – Portugal, D73 Modified Portuguese Grid – if you require support for any other spatial reference please get in touch.
– Base maps: Google Maps, Bing Maps, Open Street Map, Mapbox and Offline mbtiles,
– Support for WMS and ArcGIS Server Tiled map services as Google Maps Overlays (Topographic maps, orthophoto maps, geological surveys, cadastral information and number of other country specific free services can be used now together with Google maps as an overlay),
– Possibility to create and maintain sets of attributes – these are available as a drop down lists when new feature is being recorded, long lists of values can be imported from text files.
– Clusters for map markers, efficient way of having large number of points on the map without performance issues,
– Currently 2 methods of collection are supported (GPS location, Map cursor location),
– Possibility to group your data into the survey layers – each survey layer may have a default set of attributes.
– Local SD card export or share option. At the moment KML, CSV, GeoJSON, ArcGIS JSON export is supported,
– Possibility to record multiple points, polylines and polygons on one layer,
– When creating new polygon or line features measurement details like area or length are also available.
– GPS and satellites status,
– Address, location search,
– Import point, line or polygon features into layer from CSV, KML or geojson files.
– Import attributes’ values from file
Our users are successfully using MapIt in number of applications including:
– environmental surveys,
– woodland surveys,
– forestry planning and woodland management surveys,
– agriculture and soils’ types surveys,
– road constructions,
– land surveying,
– solar panels applications,
– roofing and fencing,
– tree surveys,
– GPS surveying,
– site surveying and soil samples gathering